Thank you for participating in our puzzle contest for a chance to win a free copy of our book: Sherlocked!: The Official Escape Room Puzzle Book!
Did you enjoy this puzzle challenge? If you did, there are many other puzzles like this in our book. Links on where to get it are below (and these links will be updated on our main book page as more information becomes available).
While traveling in London, you are suddenly approached by a dirty little street urchin. He walks up to you and mumbles that his name is Wiggins. He hands you a crumpled cream-colored scrap of paper and mumbles that “Premierword smiths have rightfully won this challenge.” Wiggins scampers off into the crowd.
You glance down at the dirty scrap of paper:
Many participants recognized that the puzzle required a keyboard to solve the above cipher. However, a fewer number of super sleuths realized that the standard computer keyboard wouldn’t have been appropriate since they didn’t exist in the late 1800s.
The puzzle contest begins for a chance to win a free copy of Sherlocked!: The Official Escape Room Puzzle Book! See rules and restrictions below.
While traveling in London, you are suddenly approached by a dirty little street urchin. He walks up to you and mumbles that his name is Wiggins. He hands you a crumpled cream-colored scrap of paper and mumbles that “Premier word smiths have rightfully won this challenge.” Wiggins scampers off into the crowd.
We recently added a new feature to the site for Escape Room owners and managers. Now, by clicking here, you can send us a request to add a discount code to the site! (You can also find this on our header bar as a sub-menu to “Discount Codes.”) We are offering this as a service so you have an alternative from using Groupon.
All you have to do is fill out the form and one of us will contact you to ensure it’s a legitimate request from an employee or owner. If you know someone who owns a room or works at one, please share this post with them. The more discounts, the merrier!
We have a page of discount codes from companies that we’ve worked with or visited in the past, but have decided to offer this service to any legitimate escape room location so you can help spread the word about your rooms.
Your discount will be posted on our Discount Codes page, as well as be put into the rotator on the right navigation (in alpha order).
*Disclaimer: the Escape Room Guys offer these codes as an additional bonus to our readers, and we do not monetarily benefit when those codes are used.
A screenshot of the form is below.
Escape Room Reviewers and Consultants
Quick navigation tips and instructions:
- Understand our grading scale. We’ve established what we think is a pretty comprehensive rubric, so you should check out how we score the different sections and how the overall total score relates to a recommendation.
- Look for discount codes to local companies. Click the Need a Rec menu, and a link to our Discount Codes page will appear, or search along the right navigation for discount codes. Let us know if any of them do not work.
- Use the search feature on the right to search keywords/terms/phrases for the entire site.
- Use the Sort Rooms by Geographic Location drop down on the right side below the Escape Room Discounts codes to narrow the rooms we’ve reviewed by State and City.
- Use the Sort by Tags section to search:
- Not a native English speaker? You can use the Translate feature on the right at the bottom.
- If you like a page or post, use the handy dandy social media icons located at the top of the page to share to your favorite channels.
And, now to answer the question “What the hell is this?”
This is a business run by two guys (Jason and Mike) from Alexandria, VA (originally from New York, and Pennsylvania, respectively) who have developed a very unhealthy addiction to (or obsession with) Escape Rooms. What started as an innocent social activity with a group of friends snowballed into a monthly (or twice-monthly… or thrice-weekly) habit.
After telling people about the rooms and recruiting others for our “team” (Disturbed Friends), the light bulb turned on and we decided to start reviewing all of the rooms we’ve done, and offer consulting services for companies that create and run escape rooms.
Thus this blog was born…